whimsy

whimsy

Tuesday 17 January 2012

play dough

Play dough is really popular in our house. I thought I'd share our recipe as it's always come out well and it's an un- cooked version. Just put the dry ingredients in a bowl and then add in the wet ones:

This is enough dough for 2 or 3 children to play with

1 cup of table salt
2 1/2 cups of standard flour
1 1/2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
1/2 cup of oil ( just the cheap stuff!)
food colouring
2 cups of boiling water

Stir, squish, knead and you're done. I store ours in an icecream container in the fridge. I've used 1 cup of flour and 1/2 cup of cornflour when we were short on flour and it still came out well, in fact the cornflour gave it a nice velvety feel so I'll probably do it again. You can add some glitter for 'fancy playdough' as my kids call it.
A teaspoon, just to give you an idea of how much this recipe makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment