whimsy

whimsy

Monday 2 April 2012

for my girl

I've been working on this Easter present for my girl for a while now. The idea came from an old Chinese tea cup and saucer set I found in the garage, I'm pretty sure that it belonged to my dad. I've since found out that my mum still has hers from childhood- so if the girl treats this set well she may inherit her Nana's when she's older. I found the picnic basket online for $1. I took out the old lining and relined it. I made the felt cup cakes using an online tutorial and have napkins left over from our wedding to add ( but they need an iron first). I found the teapot and jug at an op shop. The flower and vase I had at home and the wooden cutlery I bought from a shop called The Toy tree. I haven't finished the mat yet. I have to sew bias binding on and I know I'm going to find it tricky so thought I'd take some pictures while I'm loving it- not when I'm feeling frustrated! It's an inside only set ( in time for Winter) and I'm sure that she's going to love hosting doll and teddy tea parties with it.





1 comment: