whimsy

whimsy

Friday 3 August 2012

paper dresses

I love watching The Block ( Wednesdays and Thursdays 7.30pm TV3). I enjoy watching people make choices on pretty limited renovation budgets and then seeing how things come together. I agree that Ben and Libby had the best room this week. I absolutely loved the paper dress that scored Sarah and Richard $1500 but agree with all the hype that perhaps $500 would've been more appropriate ( they didn't make it themselves after all). Rachel and Tyson are my favourite couple though because they're parents and they're fun and a bit quirky.

I wanted to have a go at making a girl's sized paper dress for M's room. I made an origami bow recently which I may repeat as a detail. I used pages from an old girl's annual. Here's my first attempt, it was fun and proved that the 'real ones' really take quite a bit of work, time and skill.


an origami bow
The 'real' ones below are $195 each from here http://cargocollective.com/annex  aren't they gorgeous.





 


3 comments:

  1. You are soo clever! I love your dress...bet it looks gorgeous on M's wall xx Just to name drop..have I mentioned that I went to school with Tyson (he is mates with my bridesmaid Emma - he probably wouldn't remember me though)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Becky, you are very talented probably more than you realise. I bet Mae loves the new art piece on her wall. I agree with your comments on the block $1500 was OTT, our favourites on the block are also Tyson and Rachel, they have got a sense of humor, fun and down to earth nice people and for a couple that have never done any renovating they are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two, it took me about 15 minutes to make so ,when I 'find' the paper, I'll make another one and spend much more time on it. I can see a really intricate one hanging over her bed in her new, repaired and repainted bedroom - something to aim for : )

    ReplyDelete