whimsy

whimsy

Monday 1 October 2012

very yummy no cook fudge

This stuff is dangerous. The husband requested "some of that nice fudge you make" to take to work in his lunches this week and I was happy to oblige as it's really good with a cuppa ( although when I make this I do tend to think about what I can do to 'compensate', longer than planned walk for the dog this afternoon I'm thinking lol).

Ingredients:
2 packs of plain biscuits
250g butter
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
dried fruit, mini marshmellows, chocolate chips, seeds, nuts- anything you like really.

Method:

crush 2 packets of plain biscuits. Today I used malt and tea biscuits ( $1.39 a packet at Countdown) then add anything else you like into this mix. I forgot to take a picture but I used cut up dried apricots, peanuts, almonds, sultanas and sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
melt 250g butter (eek!) 1 cup of sugar and 2 tbsp of cocoa until lightly boiling. Add 2 eggs, stir well and cook for 2 more minutes.
Add the wet mixture into the dry and combine so all the dry ingredients are coated in the wet mix.
Press into a big dish, refrigerate and cut it up into squares when cold. I keep this in a seal container in the fridge. This batch should keep him ( us!) going for a while!



2 comments: