whimsy

whimsy

Friday 30 November 2012

chocolate fudge

I altered a standard fudge recipe as I didn't have enough milk. I used sour cream instead and  it came out really well ( and yum) so I thought I'd share it:


Cook time:   30 minutes

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
25g butter
1/4 cup milk
1/2 a container of sour cream
1 tablespoon cocoa
1/8 teaspoon vanilla essence


Directions:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan except vanilla essence.
2. Gently bring to a light boil and stir occasionally
3. After approx 20 minutes start testing the fudge by dropping a little into a glass of cold water. If it forms a soft ball then it is ready.
4. Remove from the heat, add vanilla and beat until thick. Pour into dish and leave to set. Cut once set with a knife heated under the hot tap.



No comments:

Post a Comment