whimsy

whimsy

Thursday 29 November 2012

fabric advent calendar

It's my first attempt, it's far from straight, I was too lazy to iron it before the photos and it's not perfectly sewn but I made it with love. It's for my nephews and their baby brother or sister who arrives next year.

I've filled the first 2 days with lollipops and freddo frogs but will leave the job of filling the other pockets up to my brother and sister in law : ).

I had the red fabric in my stash, bought the green polka dot and Christmas ones from Spotlight and Lincraft. I used sticky back felt for the white dots and after cutting out the numbers in red felt I just glued them on. I hand stitched the top sides of each of the pockets to strengthen them. The little silver bells on 25 make a really nice 'Christmasy' sound.

I love fabric and I'm really looking forward to having the time to visit the new Make Cafe in Riccarton Road, it looks like they have a great play area- but I'm thinking some 'mum time' there is in my future:








1 comment:

  1. it's gorgeous, bet you are looking forward to filling up the pockets. I am just need a few more hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete