whimsy

whimsy

Friday 11 January 2013

marvelous marbles

I was really pleased when two people gave T some marbles for his birthday, one had made a little named bag for them too. We've added them to thier handed down collection that belonged to their dad- I love the original home sewn smurf bag : ).

I remember when the 'big kids' played marbles at school and all had favourite marbles they'd be really disappointed to loose. There looked to me at the time to lots of rules but it's quite simple really. I want to teach the kids how to play a game of 'ringer' and came across this handy YouTube video.

 

We played an adapted version using a big hoop rather than a drawn circle. I didn't want to be standing on or vacuuming up marbles for the next month! They had lots of fun with this and the game lasted about half an hour- heaps better than tv!






Joining in with Miriam's linky- becoming the mama I want to be http://createhopeinspire.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/bmwb-2-book-bucket.html










4 comments:

  1. love the idea of the hoop - such a great way of doing it. Would love you to link this in on Monday to BMWB if you are keen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the video, my boys watched it and I think there will be a bit of marble playing over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea! I've just been fishing marbles out from under the couches...this is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete