whimsy

whimsy

Wednesday 5 June 2013

playing shops

I thought I'd share an easy peasy little activity I'd been saving for a rainy day and we've had lots lately. We've been collecting empty food boxes and pricing them with a sheet of 'prices' I found at the 123 mart. T has been very cute- as soon as a box of something was empty ( like raisins)  he'd tape it up, price it and put it in our 'shop box'. I made coins from cut circles of card for the kids to spend too.

We set up a shelf on the couch and a counter using a little table. This kept both kids amused for ages, I've said it before and I'm saying it again- so much better than t.v.

Since we have close to zero storage space at our house the boxes will go to Kindy when we've finished. I'll keep the coins and in a few weeks time will start collecting food boxes again for next time.

Excuse the bad photos- it must've been sale time as this shop was VERY busy!












No comments:

Post a Comment