whimsy

whimsy

Sunday 23 June 2013

a suessy shower

I like Dr Suess books for their rhyme, colour and illustrations. I've seen Dr Suess themed parties on pinterest so thought I'd so my little spin on it for my friend's baby shower. Here's how it came together. She was chuffed!

cake iced blue with free printable signs found on www, striped paper straws, jaffas and licorice lollies
favours of licorice lollies and jaffas
green eggs and ham!
Dr Suess books as props and to keep as gifts
banner made from old Dr Suess books
truffula tree cup cakes, cup cake, candy canes and candyfloss
Suess quotes as decorations
I just like these pop corn boxes
I made the cake with blue stripes : )
book pages as a table runner
 The games:

memory game

a plastic baby in an ice cube- first to have their baby melt out calls out ' my waters broke' and wins a prize

 We also played a 'guess mum's girth' game- so silly and a free printable Dr Suess Trivia game found here


 I used the wording from this invitation ( which wasn't available to buy) found on Etsy. I made invitations using red cards and envelopes, pictures cut from old Dr Suess books, polka dot washi tape and printed wording. I don't have a photo of one of those- each was different as I only needed to make 12 invitations.


In the invitation I included a note asking the guests to each bring along a piece of cotton fabric, new or from their stash. I plan to make a little play mat with it by teaching myself to strip quilt... that's a post for later : )


I plan to add an orange stripe to this collection : )




4 comments:

  1. So cool Becky!! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stella, it was great fun : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Becky! Love it! All the details and touches! Seriously cool! Looking forward to seeing the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Leonie, just a basic wee quilt made with my mum's help : )

      Delete