whimsy

whimsy

Sunday 22 September 2013

from cot to chalkboard

I'm very sentimental. I've been holding on to our cot for a long time. It has such lovely memories. It was given to me by a friend. It was white, wooden, smaller than the average cot so it was the perfect size for me to feel happy about them going into it after a bassinette.

 I love the ages our kids are now but I do sometimes think back to the days when they would fall asleep in my arms, nap like in these pictures and were my wee babies...



It was out on our deck for a while, then it came inside as a day bed in T's room. I decided it was time to let it go so had the hubby dismantle it. We will be using the bar sides to make a clothes rack/ drier for in the laundry and I kept one end of it to make this:


It just rests up against the wall, I like how there's a place for the chalk to sit too. I'm not sure what I'll do with it when they're too old for chalkboards!


4 comments:

  1. I just love this post Becky. And it is a great way of keeping that cot in the house! You could use it as a notice board when they get older - Jobs to do for Mum and Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you do the best makeovers!! amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! And I'm with kristeen, there'll be a use for it for sure...I was thinkin' a menu board, mounted in the kitchen! Options abound!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's awesome! We held on to ours for a while too - mainly because I wanted to turn it into a chalk desk and then perhaps a day-bed/chair but things are a-changing so we have just sold it. Love all your ideas!

    ReplyDelete