whimsy

whimsy

Sunday 30 March 2014

a birthday book for H

Over the last month I have been writing a book with my nephew- for his 6th birthday.

It's about a bear called Black Jack, how H met him and the adventures they find themselves having. Black Jack sleeps in a cave decorated with jewels, saves H from a vampire snake and teaches him to fish. H wants to swings with monkeys in trees and go in to deep space with Black Jack and his sausage dog called Zeus.

Here's some of my favourite illustrations, the story is his so don't feel like I should share it on here x

I used snapfish as they had a great special on hardcover books. The book arrived a few days ago and he and his family love it, which makes me very happy.











3 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea, and wonderful for H for his birthday. So special

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome gift. The illustrations are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and gift! So so sweet!

    ReplyDelete